The second issue of Historical Review for 2014 has been published. The content can be read here.
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/www/tti.btk.mta.hu/htdocs/images/galleries/Lendulet/koronazasi
There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: images/galleries/Lendulet/koronazasi
The second issue of Volume 3 (2014) of The Hungarian Historical Review has come out! This special thematic issue is entitled "Fabricating History". The articles published in this issue examine the relationship between historical representation and verification in East-Central Europe in the Modern Age. The contents of the issue can be read here.
Annual subscriptions: $80/€60 ($100/€75 for institutions), postage excluded.
For Hungarian institutions HUF7900 per year, postage included.
Single copy $25/€20. For Hungarian institutions HUF2000.
The RCH Institute of History has published the newest volume of the serial Monumenta Hungariae Historica entitled „Mosques in Ottoman Hungary” by Balázs Sudár, research fellow of the Institute of History. The great work (more than 650 pages, with 225 pictures, and detailed indexes) contains the description of 450 Muslim places of worship existed in Hungary under 150 years of Ottoman rule. The author collected and compared all kinds of sources concerning this topic during his large-scale research. The Muslim places of worship were not only religious institutions but also the centres of cities and settlements and the places of community life, and also regional economic centres. Mosques played determining roles in the life of the settlements, so their history may provide important information about the life of Hungary under Ottoman rule.
As a result of two years’ work of the “Momentum Holy Crown Research Team” of HAS RCH Institute of History, an exhibition was opened in the Castle of Pozsony (Bratislava) on July 15th, 2014, organized by the Slovenské národné múzeum–Historické múzeum and the Hungarian National Museum about the crowning coins published for the Hungarian royal crowning ceremonies held in Pozsony (Bratislava) between 1563 and 1830.